As useful as this service can be right now it can be improved in so many ways. Here is a quick list of what we are working on. Feel free to leave your feature requests in the comments below.
- Export results to PDF;
- Preserve line breaks when copying line-by-line results;
- Improving dictionary base (in progress);
- Syncing Am and Br dictionaries;
- Display BrE and AmE transcriptions along each other;
- Option to show syllables in the output;
Option to loop speech audio; Workaround for speech cutting off after a few sentences in Chrome;
- Highlight each word being spoken during playback;
- Option to select character set;
- Custom character sets;
- Improving linking rules for American transcriptions;
- Improving word stress and phrasal stress to better reflect patterns of connected speech;
- Sentence/phrase mark-up option;
- Convert IPA to text;
Option to edit transcription output using virtual IPA keyboard; Input form redesign; Option to select speech voice.