As useful as this service can be right now it can be improved in so many ways. Here is a quick list of what we are working on. Feel free to leave your feature requests in the comments below.
- Export results to PDF;
- Display BrE and AmE transcriptions along each other;
- Improving dictionary base;
- Syncing Am and Br dictionaries;
- Option to show syllables in the output;
- Option to select character set;
- Custom character sets;
- Convert IPA to text;
- Option to loop speech audio;
- Improving linking rules for American transcriptions;
- Improving word stress and phrasal stress to better reflect patterns of connected speech;
- Sentence/phrase mark-up option.
- Workaround for speech cutting off after a few sentences in Chrome.
Input form redesign; Option to select speech voice;
There is a “Convert English To IPA Phonetic Alphabet ” and an “IPA keyboard”.
I suggest creating “Convert IPA To English”
For example, using the IPA Keyboard or similar, typing /ˈpɪ.d͡ʒɪn/ (IPA) would produce Pigeon (or words with the same pronunciation).
This is the definitive tool.
Thank you for the request. It is already in the roadmap.
I would love to have an option to pronounce names, especially Indian names. Very useful in corporate workshop$
Great job! I found you while searching for a speech to phonetic script app/site for students to practise and compare their utterances to RP models. does such a thing exist? Are you working towards that? Even if not, great work here. Well done!
like the idea of “Display BrE and AmE transcriptions along each other;
also option to show syllables
Very keen on seeing an API Json
can you replace /r/ with /ɹ/ please?
I want to quote this in my book as the main reference. may i know the author? or the team? how should i quote this site? thanks
Do you have a roadmap for NOAD – New Oxford American Dictionary notation like Google Translate.
The goal is to implement support for custom character sets, most likely in the iOS app first. But some presets may appear before that.
Regarding my previous request, actually you have American voices. There is a small bug, I change the accent by clicking, the voice choices do not change.
Thanks, will have a look.
This is great
german would be great